We would like to bring into your kind notice that Bioresource Technology (BITE), a premium journal (IF: 7.539), is devoting one Special Issue (SI) on: Recent advances in hydrothermal treatment of biomass (RAHTB-2021)
Biomass valorisation processes have attained a great deal of interest in the research domain due to their advantage of being renewable in nature. With the increasing requirements of every country to be self-reliant in terms of energy requirement, several kinds of feedstocks are being tested across the globe for their potential to produce chemicals and fuels. In this scenario, hydrothermal treatment has drawn importance as it has the capability to handle moisture-rich feedstocks. Feedstock drying is highly energy intensive and hence, any process that does not require excessive energy input for conversion is sought after. Hydrothermal treatment utilises moisture present in the feedstock during the conversion process.
This special issue of BIORESOURCE TECHNOLOGY aims to capture the latest scientific and technological developments in this area and will cover the following topics (dealing with lignocellulosic and algal biomass only):
- Hydrothermal treatments in subcritical water and supercritical water
- Hydrothermal pretreatment for the production of xylo-oligosaccharides and bioethanol
- Structural modifications of biomass using hydrothermal treatment
- Production of high value compounds/biofuels using hydrothermal pretreatment
- Hydrothermal/catalytic liquefaction of biomass
- Application of bio-oil and biochar produced using hydrothermal liquefaction
- Hydrothermal carbonisation of biomass
- Bioprocess integration and technoeconomic analysis using hydrothermal pretreatment
- Engineering aspects, scale-up and continuous process of hydrothermal treatments
- Life cycle assessment and environmental impact analysis using hydrothermal processing.
- Revealing the structural changes of lignin during the hydrothermal treatment
- Integration of hydrothermal pretreatment and alkaline post-treatment for fractionation of hemicelluloses, lignin, and cellulose
Authors are invited to submit the research manuscript (Original articles) for the SI; review articles will be considered only from the experts upon invitation by GEs. While selecting the article type during the online submission, authors should choose “VSI: RAHTB-2021”
For more information about this Special Issue please visit the following link:
Submissions open: July 1, 2021
Submission closes: July 31, 2021
Dr. Thallada Bhaskar | CSIR-Indian Institute of Petroleum, Dehradun, India
Prof. Héctor A. Ruiz | Autonomous University of Coahuila , Mexico
Prof. Run-Cang Sun | Dalian Polytechnic University, Dalian, China
Imp: Authors must consult the Guide for Authors and see Subject Classification given there to know the scope of the journal and ensure that their manuscripts fall in the scope of BITE.